Resource Hub on Measures and Funding under COVID-19
As our society copes with the coronavirus outbreak, the Hong Kong government has earmarked HK$287.5 billion in three rounds of measures to help alleviate the financial burden of businesses and individuals. Read this booklet with key measures on:
- Employment Support Scheme (wage subsidies);
- Distance Business Programme (further details to be announced soon);
- Subsidy schemes for food licensees and sectors of construction, retail, arts and culture, tourism, passenger transport, catering, aviation, education (first and second rounds of grants) and sports coaching; and
- SME Financing Guarantee Scheme.
Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Latest schedules of HKTDC international exhibitions and conferences
- Spring Virtual Expo
- Transformation Sandbox (T-box) for business upgrading and digital transformation
- Start-up Express 2020
- Webinars and training
Measures by Regulatory Authorities
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Securities and Futures Commission issue joint statement on disclosure of financial information in view of travel restrictions, with further supplements and frequently asked questions
- Securities and Futures Commission issues guidance to the fund industry
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Insurance Authority introduces and enhances temporary facilitative measures
Relief Funds by Higher Education
This article is updated as of 24 April 2020. For the latest information and updates, please refer to the original sources from respective authorities.
Published on HSBC VisionGo on 5 May 2020
This summary is for information purposes only. Its contents do not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for detailed advice in individual cases. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship between JC Legal and the user or browser. JC Legal is not responsible for any third-party content which can be accessed through the hyperlink provided in this summary.